Monday, March 17, 2014

Springing the Fever Out of the Cabin!



Whoohooo! Technically the first day of spring is this Thursday, March 20, 2014. I am so ready. While cabin fever has not got the best of me, I was certainly ready for the sunshine and warmer temps we've been having lately. The dog and I have been getting out every day we can. We are both ready to get "On the Road Again", which is the name of this little collage I did yesterday.

I love taking walks with Daisy and taking lots of photos. I used to do that before mom passed away and would load all the pictures on the computer for her to enjoy, too. That was the only way mom was getting out into the sunshine, especially towards the end. This little past time helped us both. Mom got to see the world through my eyes, which was a whole lot different than hers. I'm known for taking closeups of lots of things, be they normal or 'weird' and Mom found herself liking a lot of my odd photos. You just never know what might become the idea for a picture or collage. I'm always looking for inspiration.

For this collage I used some leftover map scraps and found that cute little silhouette car graphic in my graphics program. I looked up the lyrics to Willie Nelson's 'On the Road Again'. It stilled needed a little something so I outlined everything with black sharpie marker and voile—a painting!! I just love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment