Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Go Ahead! Make My Day!



11x14, Mixed media collage
Some days just feel like that. I needed the humor the day I made this picture. I had been watching a video by Shannon Green and decided to experiment. I've found so many fun and wonderful techniques on YouTube and have ended up with many of my pieces through experimenting with different techniques.

I cruised through the internet and my magazine stash looking for people parts. I loved the face and headdress of the woman and those awesome muscular arms. Her body is cut out of an old book page, the top of the dress is a result of another experiment in making backgrounds, and the bottom is scraps from another project. At the time I had just bought an older model Cricut machine on Craig's List and so the type was the result of playing with it. I used the cutout type along with the negative image, and stenciled "hamburger". You can tell I'm a Clint Eastwood fan even though I tweaked the quote. The background was layers of paint, stamping, gesso and alcohol inks.

This print is available on Fine Art America in a variety of forms and sizes.


Be looking for my new monthly newsletter! Details coming soon!

2 comments: