Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Slow Down Challenge Day 1

I took up Jeff Goin's five day challenge to slow down. Actually, this is more like practice for me since I've been working on what I call 'be here now' for the last year and a half. I tend to be more of a "get to it and git 'er done" kind of person. I've felt like I'm missing out on so much by continuing to be that way.

The truth is my husband is very good at living in the moment. When I finally figured that out, it helped erase a source of irritation in our relationship, making life more enjoyable for both of us. I have my son and his family coming tomorrow which makes starting a slow-down challenge a bit strange, but the truth is I want to slow down and enjoy these next few days with my grandchildren. I hope that having to be aware in this way will help me to do that more successfully. I've spent several days getting everything ready so now I can just be here with them and have some fun. I have planned for this to be a relaxed time since it will be a short visit and one of those days they will be going to a theme park for the day.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment